Sunday 28 September 2014

Autumn Survival Guide - Skin Care

“Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile." 
- William Cullen Bryant

As autumn approaches the temperature is starting to drop and the outdoor conditions are getting harsher. With the indoor heating starting to come on again and colder autumn winds its important to look after your skin as heating and the cooler autumn conditions can lead to dried out and damaged skin.

It is important that we keep our skin hydrated and protected this autumn. Here are some of my favourite skin care products to keep your skin looking and feeling wonderful with autumn season.


Moisturising is key to keeping your skin in great condition this autumn. For sensitive or acne prone skin Cetaphil moisturising lotion is fantastic, keeping the skin moist without making it oily.
I also love Body Shops 'vitamin E moisture cream' it is fantastic not only for your face but as an overall body cream. It leaves the skin so soft and hydrated and I cant even put into words how amazing it smells! I just cant get enough of it - would highly recommend.
For added skin hydration one of my autumn essentials is Estee Lauder's 'Advance Night Repair'. This serum is applied at night to repair and hydrate the skin while you sleep. It is a high end product and therefore quite expensive but if your wanting to treat yourself its definitely a great product to keep your skin in excellent condition therefore the colder months.
Its important to not only moisturise your face but your hands also as they too are exposed to the colder conditions and can get cracked and dried out due to indoor heating. I love Soap & Glory's 'hand food' it keeps my hands feeling soft and moisturised all day as well as making them smell like marshmallows! I like to keep a tube of it in my handbag throughout autumn and winter as it can keep my hands moisturised throughout the day.

Let me know what are your autumn skin care essentials!
-Hollie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment