Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Art of Being Happy - Porridge

'If you want to be happy, be' 
- Tolstoy
I guess we all want to be happy, right? So I decided to start this blog to just share a few tips and thoughts I have on the art of being happy.
So this might sound a little strange but my first tip is… Porridge! 


I used to be obsessed with sugary cereals and would have them every morning without really thinking about what I was actually putting into my body! I was shocked to learn that a small bowl of coco pops contains 34g of sugar (almost the same as a can of coke). Not only was this effecting my waist line but also my moods – I decided I needed to make a change.

For six months I swapped the sugary, chocolatey cereals for a bowl of porridge and the results were astounding! I felt full for so much longer, my mood in the morning dramatically improved and to my surprise I started losing weight.
Porridge also goes with everything so I was able to play around with a few recipes. Here are a few of my favourites:
  • Porridge with organic honey.
  • Porridge with blackberries and chopped apple slices.
  • Porridge with almonds, pecans & flaxseed.
It’s so easy and fun to play around with different combinations of fruits, needs, seeds etc . – so get creative!
So there is it, my first tip on the art of being happy – so next time you go to reach for the high sugar cereal in the morning maybe give porridge a try and see if you too can feel happier and healthier with this simple change!.
Hollie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment